Letters to Fiona

Monday, September 25, 2006

Part I: Anticipation is of Utmost Importance

Hello,

Knowing the result of an outcome before it actually occurs can invoke either the peace-of-mind, safety net, feeling, or the I'm-so-bored-when-it's-preditable feeling. I'd like to think, knowing your free-spirit personality, along with the general stereotype of young women of your generation, the latter is preferred. I would tend to agree with that choice, given my "horrendous" track record. This describes much of our summer. The seemingly random and lengthy conversations, whether about the number of cats one of us will own or the number of dates I would embark by the time the year ended, were exciting, as if walking through a door without any knowledge of what's behind it. That ended when we became "a couple".

You spoke of the warm feeling, knowing that my hand would be there everytime you reached for it, yet it could never be there the same way when we're 2,351 miles apart. I was overly confident in my abilities to conquer all the impossible obstacles we faced. Learning lessons from my mistakes is an act that I welcome with open arms, but this particular lesson has been painful and brings about feelings that are utterly foreign to my heart.

Good night,
Sh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home