Letters to Fiona

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Part II: Gross Anatomy of a Breakup

Hi,

As you figure out where the subscapularis is and how it functions in a human body, I have to ponder if that is as important as the degree to which it matters knowing this knowledge. You and I are inherently different in many ways and our approach to our lives. Balance is my constant target, while diligence and accomplishment in your goals is undeterred, regardless of any obstacle in your path - especially one that may cause you great emotional or mental crisis.

The irony of it all is that the work, which you so assiduously pursue, is the basis for my admiration for you. Psychologists have oft opined that we seek out what we are lacking. Discipline and perseverance have never been strengths of mine. To sit down and plan goals to complete, while working tirelessly is a novel and foreign act in my book. Seeing you with your head down, completely consumed in a book full of bones and muscle, without regard to the cat scratching your couch, me writing you a letter and hiding it in your closet, or even the constant glances I tossed in your direction, has ingrained an image of ernestness that has set you apart from any other, as well as planted the seeds and anchored roots of my motivation to succeed in my venture.

I thank you for that.

Good night,
Sh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home