Letters to Fiona

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Part III: The Cup Runneth Over

Hi,

Do I regret anything from our whirlwind of a summer? The answer is clear and definite - no, not one thing. My mind, as you know, was unusually spastic and unfocused, with thoughts jumping around like a pinball in my head, on that tragic Friday night. Definitely ranked up there with one of the worst nights I've ever experienced, emotionally and mentally speaking. I kept thinking, why did I voice my distaste in your lack of calls to me during your first weekend of your career in medicine. You see, I realize now that it is not simply medical school, but it's your career and your livelihood for the rest of your life. It began on August 17th and that was the end of us.

I remember that night, making you cry. I felt like shit. But then I remembered how I felt the previous two days, not knowing where you were, how you were doing, lacking the emotional and mental connection two people in a long distance relationship desperately require and need. Was I being a needy chic? Perhaps. More importantly, I knew the ingredients to make the dish. We didn't have the ingredients, simple as that. Do I feel bad about making you cry? Yes and no.

Approximately one month ago, the glass fell off it's table, and milk was running and dripping slowly onto the floor. Crying over it wouldn't have restored the contents, so, one month later, I reach for a towel and clean up this mess created by an inadvertent elbow of mine.

Good night,
Sh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home