Letters to Fiona

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Black eye and finally out

Hi Fiona,

We sailed for a second day and tried to travel outside the confines of the safe treasure island cove, meaning we went out pretty far. We capsized again and I couldn't get back on. It was a weird feeling, fairly scary, to be in the middle of the bay, almost like being shipwrecked. The water was incredibly cold and as they were trying to get me back on the boat, the instructor's boat knocked me right in the eye and now I have a black. Luckily, it missed my pupil.

I drove back to my apartment and handed the keys, after wiping down everything. Who knew I would have so much dust and dirt. I'm happy to leave the apartment. Eventually, perhaps in six months, I'll be back out in the city again and this time, I'll get a 2 br place so that I have an office also. Hope you're doing well. Going to Trader Joe's for some groceries.

Good night,
Sh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home